Now that our lengthy summer days are behind us and herbaceous plants are starting to tire, the glories of the fall season are revealing themselves more frequently. Just last week the hydrangeas and dahlias were making themselves known, and the cacophony of cicadas and crickets filled the cooling evenings.
Starting in the 2023 garden season, we will be offering a fully environmentally sustainable option for our installation and garden care clients.
Gardening for us here at CBLD, is a year round pleasure. Working with our clients, each other, and with Mother Nature, always, is so satisfying. Being creative, interactive, impactful, and humble are all traits of a good gardener. As the climate changes, we are reminded even more to be responsible and mentoring if we are to be sustainably conscious. To this point, starting in the 2023 garden season, we will be offering a fully environmentally sustainable option for our installation and garden care clients.
A few examples of what this includes are:
- No inorganic means of fertilization or pest control.
- Select group of plantings, often native species based, to offer more beneficial pollination and food source for important insect and animal species.
- Less petroleum-based fuel sourcing for vehicles and equipment.
- Use of non-plastic plant supports and containers.
- Certified organic potting and garden soils for food crop garden options.
- Reduction of cultivated turf and lawn areas reducing CO2 emissions with less need for mowing, and no artificial fertilizer and herbicide applications.
All to name a few. We at CBLD want to be the leaders in expert horticultural standards with healthy environmental practices at the forefront of our mission while performing the art of fine gardening.